Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Qijiang School










I have seen some pretty amazing things since being in China, but this experience has by far been the most meaningful.  I joined the Chongqing's International Women's group upon my arrival here.  Part of the money we raise and contribute is to help a local school.  The Qijiang School has been supported by this group for the last 8 years.  Upon our arrival they were doing a clothes and toy drive for the kids that live and go to this school.  Ellen and I did not have things to donate so we went and bought some hats and earmuffs to donate.  Once the donations were complete our group took the items to the school.  Ellen and I went on the two hour car ride to the school.  Most of the students live at the school during the week as their families cannot afford to transport them there on a daily basis.  Their housing is the green building you see in the photos.  Their beds are on top of plywood and their bathroom is an open room with shower heads and drains.  It was amazing to me to see that these kids live like this.  They performed dance routines for us upon our arrival and they were amazing!  These kids were so glad to see us and we were so glad to be able to provide for them.  The girl with the blue earmuffs chose one of the items Ellen and I donated.  Ellen noticed right away and I knew at that moment we were experiencing our best moment yet in China.  She and I realized how fortunate we are!  Thank you to everyone that is and has been a part of our lives!  We are very fortunate for each and every one of you!

1 comment:

  1. Yes we are very fortunate however you be very careful. That one picture looks a little scary...

    ReplyDelete