Monday, October 1, 2012

Some of the things we are getting used too!


The top picture is obviously of milk!  It looks a little different than the gallons of milk we buy in America.  Milk here does not usually come cold and it comes in box containers and can typically last up to six months!  Luckily Ellen has had no problems adjusting to it.  We have tried a few different kinds and she still drinks it like crazy!  The picture on the bottom is of my washing/drying machine knob.  This is what I had to have Joy translate for me so I can use it.  What I didn't show you is the yellow sticky note I have posted to the right with the translation.  This is just one unit that I use for both washing and drying our clothes.  The writing in blue is the dryer functions.  My other dryer function is hanging my clothes to dry.  It is very common in China.  While driving around, you will always see people's clothes hanging on their patio drying.  Notice I said patio....because my washer/dryer is outside my kitchen.  It is covered, but it has open air vents, so it is very different than what I am used to!  

No comments:

Post a Comment